How you can perform the best face firming massage techniques on yourself every morning at home.Read More
The ingestion of only 100 grams of refined sugars reduces the ability of the white blood cells to destroy bacteria. There is at least a 50% reduction within two hours after eating sugars. The average American ingests at least 150 grams of sucrose in addition to other refined sugars every day. It is easy to conclude that most Americans have depressed immune systems. When a person eats simple sugars, the immune system is compromised. Refined white sugar triggers the release of insulin from the pancreas. With daily consumption of sugar, the bloodstream is always laced with insulin, which suppresses secretion of growth hormone from the pituitary. Growth hormone is a prime regulator of the immune system. In addition to being an immune suppressant, sugar also feeds candida by helping yeasts to thrive.
Following are several reasons why sugar and sweeteners are destroying health:
- Sugar can suppress the immune system.
- Sugar upsets the minerals in the body.
- Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating and crankiness in children.
- Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
- Sugar contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection.
- Sugar leads to chromium deficiency.
- Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose.
- Sugar causes copper deficiency.
- Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
- Sugar raises the level of neurotransmitter called serotonin.
- Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
- Sugar can produce an acidic stomach.
- Sugar can raise adrenaline levels in children.
- Sugar can lead to alcoholism.
- Sugar can cause tooth decay.
- Sugar contributes to obesity.
- High intake of sugar increases the risk of Crohn's Disease, and ulcerative colitis.
- Sugar can cause changes frequently found in persons with gastric or duodenal ulcers.
- Sugar can cause arthritis.
- Sugar can cause candida albicans.
- Sugar can cause gallstones.
- Sugar can cause appendicitis.
- Sugar can cause hemorrhoids.
- Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.
- Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
- Sugar can cause decrease in insulin sensitivity.
- Sugar leads to deceased glucose tolerance.
- Sugar can decrease growth hormone.
- Sugar can increase cholesterol.
- Sugar can increase systolic blood pressure.
- Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
- Sugar can cause migraine headaches.
- Sugar can interfere with the adsorption of proteins.
- Sugar can cause food allergies.
- Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
- Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy.
- Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
- Sugar can impair the structure of DNA.
- Sugar can change the structure of proteins and alter the way they act in the body.
- Sugar can make our skin age by changing the structure of collagen.
- Sugar can cause cataracts.
- Sugar can cause atherosclerosis.
- Sugar can promote elevation of low density proteins (LDL).
- Sugar can cause free radicals in the blood stream.
- Sugar lowers the ability of enzymes to function.
- Sugar can increase the size of the liver by making the liver cells divide.
- Sugar can increase kidney size and produce pathological changes in the kidney.
- Sugar can over-stress and or damage the pancreas.
- Sugar can increase the body's fluid retention.
- Sugar can compromise the lining of the capillaries.
- Sugar can make the tendons more brittle.
- Sugar can cause an increase in delta, alpha, and theta brain waves.
- Sugar can cause depression.
- Sugar increases the risk of gastric cancer.
- Sugar can be a risk factor of gallbladder cancer.
- Sugar can increase the risk of getting gout.
- Sugar increases bacterial fermentation in the colon.
- Sugar increases the risk of colon cancer for women.
- Sugar can cause platelet adhesiveness.
- Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance.
- Sugar can lead to the formation of kidney stones.
Excerpt from "Losing Mom- A Holistic Approach to Healthy Aging" Dr. Linda T. Nelson (creator of M'lis)
A lot of people ask how I cured my acne and what diet and supplements are good for them..
I take a vitamin A drop, a multi-mineral, Prescript Assist probiotics, ferment my own veggies, take Apple Cider Vinegar tablets (prebiotics), Zypan, lemon juice, ZMA and MSM in conjunction with a cyclical ketogenic and paleo like diet. I went from grade III acne to virtually none, except when I eat a little too much dairy or cheat and eat something "gluten free". All grains are a problem for me as well as soy. But since I changed my diet, my migraines went away and I have kept off 10 pounds for 4 years.
Low grade inflammation from leaky gut causes autoimmune diseases like acne. The book "Eat Dirt" by Dr. Axe is a pretty good read that compiles a lot of this type of information. Chew your food! The more you chew and digest your food with warmer drinks the better. Think about bacon fat. Do you really want to throw that down the cold sink pipes? That would clog everything up. On keto you shouldn't drink cold water and a bunch of fat. It's hard to digest. I take lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and Zypan (enymes and bile salts) to stimulate the release of more bile to help digest food to avoid indigestion and burping or bloating. Intermittent fasting helps build up bile so when you do eat you digest your food better getting extra minerals that you can be deficient in which contributes to acne.
Also, there is nothing wrong with a water fast. It's an awesome detox. Eating a restricted calorie diet sucks. It feels horrible. I hate those type of detoxes. A straight fast doesn't cause that effect. You're barley hungry and your bodily happily sources energy from fat. And hopefully that fat isn't full of toxins, otherwise you can experience another type of breakout from that. In that case, take lots of supplements and then separately take activated charcoal.
I suffered for over ten years and will never go back. My self esteem has changed dramatically for the better. I am now a successful esthetican and spa owner. This wouldn't be possible if I still had grade III acne. Don't just treat the surface. Some people cannot process some saturated fats and cannot change the enzymes in the body needed for keto with epigenetics. Some people will never thrive on a ketogenic diet because of the difficulty in finding the right oils for your body. My sister in-law and her children cannot eat soy bean oil, coconut oil, and nut oils or they get severe cystic acne.
It's all trial and error. Figuring out what works for your body takes a lot of patience and a lot of guess work and experimentation. For acne scarring there are many anti-inflammatory chemical peels. Microneedling is amazing and should be performed with a doctor. See a specialist and do not disregard the post care or you'll have bigger problems. Accutane causes leaky gut and a host of other problems. Find the diet that is right for you. Sometimes its your supplements that are temporarily causing acne. I've had many clients who took biotin and had cystic acne because the formulation needed more pantothenic acid for them. They took an extra pantothenic acid and the cystic went away. Or they stopped taking biotin and the acne went away.
If you really can't figure it out yourself try taking an ALCAT test. Or see Naturopath or functional medicine doctor. It's expensive, but worth it. The best elimination diet method I've seen is by Tom Malterre called "The Elimination Diet".
There may be more problems going on in the body when you have severe acne. A lot of my younger clients just won't change their diet until they get migraines, or something that really bothers them. A lot of my clients have infertility problems until they change their diet. Another thing to consider is Monsanto's RoundUp or glyphosate which is a real culprit for leaky gut and infertility. Consider other toxins, mold toxin and heavy metal exposure. Personal care products and perfumes can be some of the most carcinogenic and mutagenic things on and around us. I had the worst skin when I worked in an organic chemistry lab. If our bodies are processing all of this crap, how can it process natural stress hormone like cortisol and rebuild and repair skin at night? This requires so much vitamin C and Sulfur and glutathione.
Also, about sugar, I see some people thrive on fruit diets and that's pretty high insulin spiking. Just saying. Insulin resistance is one thing, but is easily corrected by a water fast. Sometimes I eat fruit and I don't breakout at all. Some of my clients eat mango or pineapple and breakout like crazy. It's just so complicated in my experience to say what is right for any one person. Figure it out for yourself, but if you need help discussing all of your products, your diet, and anything else please schedule an appointment with us. We love helping people figure things out and have many helpful referrals!
Feel free to comment below, we'd love to answer any questions or hear what's working or not working for you!
Wim Hof is a wizard from the Netherlands who uses very simple breathing exercises to conquer hypothermia, beat world records, and become superhuman - and it's all scientifically validated. He can swim underneath ice sheets, hold his breath underwater for record time, and climb Mount Everest in only his shorts - a very important task indeed. He proves that not only is he capable, but he can teach anyone to use his method and conquer similar goals. His method teaches that you have the power to connect with your endocrine system through these breathing techniques and ignite an inner fire with the oxygen you breathe and boost your immune system. He believes he can change the world as this can also improve the effects of depression, anxiety, and who knows what else!
Check out this short documentary and try his exercises yourself!
Hydrolyzed Candida Saitoana Extract is a novel way to tell damaged cells to go into apoptosis (cell death) by autophagy. It is an active ingredient in the Detoxifier (step 2 ) of the Oxy Trio used in the detox facial. The following is a post by PCA SKIN about how it works:
what is autophagy and why is it important?
A critical biological process that has not gotten much attention in the skin health industry is autophagy. This, along with exocytosis is responsible for the cells’ ability to rid itself from spent materials within themselves, allowing important cellular functions to continue properly. Just as we need to take out the trash on a regular basis to keep our homes running efficiently, the cells also need to expel waste material to maintain proper function.
Step two of the newly reformulated PCA SKIN Oxygenating Trio®, Detoxifier, contains hydrolyzed candida saitoana extract that helps to promote healthy autophagy within the cells. This step performs repairing and detoxifying functions that allow the skin to maintain homeostasis and rid itself of damaged proteins that can lead to disease, skin dysfunction and premature aging. One theory of aging is that over time, defective components accumulate in cells that ultimately disrupt the proper functioning of living processes. This extract is a byproduct of the metabolic process of a specific type of yeast. It has the unique ability to promote the formation of lysosomes that capture spent materials within the cells. It also enables the fusion of these multi-membrane structures allowing the waste materials to be degraded by lysosomal enzymes. Once the materials are degraded, they move slowly toward the cell membrane and released into the extracellular matrix through the process of exocytosis.
This critical process in the healthy function of cells is complex, but can be simplified into one elementary concept – taking out the trash. Although the Oxygenating Trio® has always been an effective treatment for detoxifying skin, with the new addition of hydrolyzed candida saitoana extract, it can assist in the purification and healthy function of cell at a whole new level.
That was fast! Melle can now perform Skin Script professional treatments and recommend home care products for any skin condition.
Skin Script offers amazing chirally correct products incorporating glycolics, lactics, retinols, and salicylics for customizable skin care.
We are so excited to have a new website! It looks so much cleaner and is way easier to navigate. We are also excited to be rolling out some new aspects of Green Tara, such as informational videos, new products, and e-books. In other news, Melle is now PCA Certified and can perform any PCA peel or facial. She will also soon be certified with Skin Script within the next month. It's good to have her help now that Stacy is busy with mommyhood.